Fire Training & Services offers a unique and cost-effective solution to the servicing of your firefighting equipment. Your company can have all its fire extinguishers serviced to BS 5306 part 3.
Ensuring the appropriate service and maintenance for your firefighting and detection equipment is as important as your decision to provide them in the first place. As well as making sure premises and lives remain protected, maintenance protects the investment you made in your fire detection equipment.
What types of Fire Extinguishers are there?
CO2 Extinguishers – Suitable for both electrical and flammable liquid fires, CO2 is non-damaging to electrical equipment and machinery.
Foam Extinguishers – Suitable for liquid fires like petrol or diesel and can be used on solid materials like wood or paper.
Water Extinguishers – Suitable for fires involving solid materials such as wood, paper or textiles. There are four varieties of water extinguishers, which are: Water Jet, Water Spray, Water Mist/Fog and Water with Additives.
Powder Extinguishers – These extinguishers are versatile and can be used on fires involving solid materials (wood, paper or textiles), flammable liquids (petrol, diesel or oil) and gases.
What is included in our Fire Extinguisher Service?
- Service fire extinguishers to current British Standards BS 5306 Part 3
- Replacement of all Hose & Horn washers
- Check Weights & pressures on store pressured extinguishers
- Check water levels & cartridge weights on cartridge operated extinguishers
- Discharge tests & recharges where required
- Remove any extinguishers that cannot be brought to relevant standards & replaced when authorised
- Recommend appropriate fire fighting equipment if your site is not adequately protected
- Show the operation of your portable fire equipment on site
- We ensure fire extinguishers are in the right place and are securely fixed to the wall or on stands with identification signs fitted
- Provide a certificate of inspection with details of work carried out.
Fire Extinguisher Servicing Costs
The service charge is £7.43 per extinguisher with a minimum service charge of £40.00, which covers all standard fire extinguisher types. There are no hidden costs; there is no extra charges for service calls, small parts, discharge and refills at time of service.
If you have a larger number of extinguisher i.e. 40+ then please contact our service team on 01276 686176.
Why do Fire Extinguishers need to be serviced?
It is the responsibility of the business owner to arrange regular servicing of your fire extinguishers. The servicing and maintenance is an essential part of any fire protection system – should there be a fire you need to ensure your fire prevention methods will work. Fire extinguisher servicing should be carried out once a year to the standards imposed under BS 5306-3:2009.